Monday, April 26, 2010

Balancing act.


I am in a constant battle between what my heart and mind are telling me. I’ve yet to find a sensible balance between the two. Most of the time it’s because the difference between the two are night and day. In most cases, I’ll choose to be rational and follow my mind but there are those rare occasions when I’ll throw caution to the wind and follow my heart. Can we ever be wrong in deciding with our heart or our mind? Granted, one is a bit more reasonable than the other, but then again, is it? I question everything within my realm of being. I’m now questioning decisions I’ve made and whether they were made rationally in a moment of clarity or unreasonably in a daze. Were these decisions even mine to make? Now that my thoughts have been verbalised, I feel the need to retract them and make them my own again. When thoughts are shared and spoken, they are finalised.

For those moments when pain capsizes your entire being and you're seeing yourself in shattered glass, just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. Because if it hurts, you know what? It’s probably goddamn freaking worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment