Saturday, March 27, 2010

We had a million questions bout' our lives.



No, I swear this time, it happened for real. It wasn't I dream I had always been forcefully woken up from. No, at least not this time.
This involves having to balance yourself on the upper deck of a moving bus. Having surprised yourself, you find the upper deck empty, you plant yourself comfortably in a seat that smelt of sickening synthetic plastic which would have caused you to feel nausea the entire bus journey if it weren't for the soothing playlist that kept your mind distracted from the discomfort.

Well, I'd count myself real lucky this time. I had company, oh yes, a lovely company who sat beside me. He looked pretty preen and proper, neat and oh- I'd say that was how a perfect guy should look. Thankfully, he was my lover. So I offered him the other earpiece and kept my playlist running. He teased me about the types of songs I listened to. And I wouldn't deny the fact that I loved being teased just for that moment. Or perhaps... I loved how he teased me? The music kept playing and each of us slowly wandered into our own thoughts. At least for me, I bit th side of my lower lip, and I tightened the grip of my hand and tried my hardest not to blink. Not wanting to cry on the bus was a struggle. All of a sudden, the traffic light and street lamps outside the bus window went blurry and fuzzy, but my thoughts were so clear. It must have been the comfort of having his broad shoulder pillowing my head.

He must have felt my uneasiness as he cradled the side of head and asked "Would you want to take a nap?". My heart tightened, and I felt the back of my throat turned sour. I wanted to breakdown. What heightened my emotions were those familiar lyrics "Never thought not having you here would hurt so bad."
I couldn't stop my mind from playing your words "when I first texted you, my heart was beating fast." I guess... We're inseperable right now, and till the end.

Tonight, I wish you were here because it hurts me to know that we're looking at the same bunch of stars but what's missing is your presence. I'd call you at 4am just to tell you how much I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment