Sunday, August 30, 2009


I want to play hide and seek and wear your clothes, compliment you on your shoes and sit at the doorway ledge while you take a shower and hold your hand and go for a meal and not mind when you nick my fries and meet you at Mt Faber and talk about our lives and write you letters and celebrate you in the bathroom mirror and make faces at strangers passing by and laugh at your paranoia and give you tapes you don't listen to and wage wars with paper planes behind pillow forts and watch terrible films and watch great films and take pictures of you when you're sleeping and get up to fetch you the paper while you flip pancakes and make toast and go to the park and drink home-brewed tea at midnight and have you teach me how to whistle and laugh at how silly I look and tell you about the programme I saw the night before and take you to the clinic when you're sick and not laugh at your jokes and want you in the morning but let you sleep awhile and kiss your cheeks and play with your fingers and tell you how much I love your hair, your eyes, your lips, your arse and sit on the steps humming 'till your neighbour comes home and sit on the steps humming 'till you come home and worry when you're late and be amazed when you're early and give you little hearts made from straws I stole from Mac Donald's and sit on the cold cement 'till my bottom is sore while you skate and be there at the stands during your soccer games eventhough the season finale of Next Top Model is on and have you wave at me every now and then and I'll smile and cheer when you make a good pass and hug you when your team wins and hug you even tighter if your team loses and be sorry when I'm wrong and happy when you forgive me and look at your photos and wish I'd known you forever and hear your voice in my ear and feel your skin on my skin and sniff your sweatshirt for your scent and get scared when you're angry with your eyebrow's twisted and your eye has gone red, the other brown and your hair all bald and your face weary and to still tell you you're gorgeous and hug you when you're anxious and hold you when you hurt and want you when I smell you and whimper when I'm next to you and whimper when I'm not and dribble on your left shoulder and smother you in the night and get cold when you pull the duvet away and hot when you don't and melt when you smile and dissolve when you laugh because i love you and write poems for you and wonder why you don't believe me and have a feeling so deep I can't find words for it but maybe it is something like having your heart cave in except times forever but still that wouldn't do it.

Thats all my secrets in one breath.
Happy One Year, Cookie.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment