Friday, December 4, 2009

Midnight bottle got us love drunk.




I woke up this morning to have my sissi wrapping her arms around me.
Lately, after th epic episode of me on the verge of losing my sanity and falling into depression, my sissi had been the one who spent countless of late nights in my room, keeping me company, making sure that those unpleasant thoughts would not haunt me. It had been close to 4 years since we last slept together much less on the same bed! Despite all those sorrows I saw myself drowning in, I surge of warmth still surrounds me. The warmth of a sister's love I believe.

Well, most of my friends would know that my sister and I had never been close and there had always been a fine line drew between our private lives. We never shared secrets and we always chose to confide in our friends whenever we met with life's challenges. The barrier we chose to have between us was awfully disheartening for my momsie as she took a whole lot of effort instilling values in us since we were young.
My momsie held strongly to a belief: No other love is greater than sister's love.

I finally understood the meaning of the phrase only after this episode. Albeit the times where I played my role as an older sister, resorting to many ways to express my love and concerns towards sissi, she often turned me away with her stoic expressions and mono-syllabic answers. But through this, I have learnt that deep under her "untouched" expressions, is a heart that cares and love me. She hugged me so tightly and told me not to cry ever again on the (first night). Leading to the next few nights, we would spent our midnights together watching dvds and sharing secrets. Somehow, both of us took a great leap and opened up more to each other.

We've been sharing almost all of secrets under the sun.
I love what I have right now, the greatest gift from LIFE; My sister's love.

To fellow readers with siblings, I am pretty sure you can understand exactly how I feel in this post. Well, like the old saying goes "blood is thicker than water", no love is greater than the love you receive from your family.

Cheerios and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment